Saturday, February 6, 2016

Getting Ready for Fasching


Next Tuesday, February 9 is Faschingsdienstag (Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday) is German-speaking countries.  We took some time in all of my German classes this week to learn more about it and make plans to celebrate it on Tuesday during Tutorial (our remediation/enrichment period).

I was not at school on Thursday, so I used EDpuzzle to add questions to an English video about Fasching and Karneval traditions from Deutsche Welle for two of my German 1 classes.  Students watched the video on their own computers at their own pace and completed a worksheet with the questions.  




I was back at school on Friday, so I watched the original video (without the question pauses) and discussed it with my other German 1 class.  We then completed some guided notes about Fasching.



We made plans to celebrate with doughnuts, mask making, and a parade to the other world languages tutorials on Tuesday.  One of my students asked if she could bring her trumpet and play the school fight song for the parade.  She couldn't believe it when I said yes!

In German 3/4, we watched the video in German and completed basically the same guided notes.  



On my to do list between now and Tuesday: buy jelly doughnuts and gummy bears for the people in the parade to throw to the audience.  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment