Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sommerferien!


Friday was the last day of school for students.  Teachers go back for one final day after Memorial Day, but basically, it's summer!

The last week of school was pretty much all exams and study periods (and one painfully long 3 hour homeroom period for computer collection), so I had quite a bit of time to clean up my room, sort through old files, and look ahead to next year.

I'm scheduled to teach three sections of German 1 and three sections of German 2 next year, which if you're doing the math, you'll notice is full time.  I started at 1/3 time, then was 2/3 time, and the last two years I've been at 5/6 time.  I specifically applied for this position four years ago because I only wanted to teach part time.  But enrollment has increased, so my teaching load has increased too.  To be honest, I'm still trying to get used to the idea of being full time, but that's where things stand now.

I am excited about teaching only two preps which I have taught before from this textbook, which means I can change and improve things and start to implement some of the ideas I've had along the way but haven't been able to implement because I was just trying to keep my head above the water.

I modified my guided notes for German 1 on German Nouns and Gender to make them clearer and more visually appealing.  I changed the day and date heading a bit and also added a student understanding self-evaluation element:





I am a bit skeptical about how much of an impact having students evaluate their understanding really has on learning, but it's part of the Marzano rubric we're evaluated by, so here it is.

Here's what the new notes look like:



Here's the file if you'd like them.  Happy summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment