Tuesday, July 4, 2017

German Instructor Summer Program at I.U.



Last week I had the opportunity to attend the German Instructor Summer Program at Indiana University Bloomington.  It was a week-long workshop for high school German teachers, with professional development activities and the chance to connect with other German teachers around the state (and two from out of state!).  

The workshop was super convenient for me, since it was right here in Bloomington and we live very close to campus.  I will need to renew my teaching license next summer, and the workshop gave me enough professional development hours to be all set with that.  

The best parts of the week for me were the chance to hear and speak German and to get to know other German teachers who I'd never met before.  I got some good teaching ideas from them and from the workshop sessions.  I'll be sharing some of them here on my blog once I get them ready to use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment