Friday, September 4, 2020

Contact-free Bathroom Signout

 


People who have been reading my blog for a while know that mid-class requests to use the bathroom are the bane of my teaching existence.  

I thought I had solved that issue once and for all with my bathroom flowchart.  COVID-19 now laughs in the face of my naivety.

In preparation for a return to in person classes after Labor Day, I spent yesterday afternoon pondering a way to keep track of student bathroom use for contact tracing while not using a pass or a paper signout sheet.  

The solution: a Google Doc Contact Free bathroom signout.  

From the Course Resources page on Canvas, students click on the Restroom Signout button,


which takes them to a Google Doc which they can all write on.


Students will sign themselves in and out and will be able to check if they need to wait because a classmate is in the restroom without my involvementHallelujah! 

Because 2020.

Need one for your German class?  Contact-free German Bathroom Signout Form


No comments:

Post a Comment