Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Live from room 406 - Konjunktiv II!

I promised in a previous post that I would post about how I am now using my DIY document camera to record class notes and post them to our school's learning management system.  It took a little longer to get this post written than I had expected, but here it is...


Since I am using an iPad to project guided notes onto the screen in my classroom, I can easily record what we're doing simply by turning on the video recording on my iPad (though I do have to remember to do this, which can sometimes be a challenge!)  

I did this for the first time a few weeks ago, and my students were initially a little weirded out by the fact that I was recording, but they soon got used to it and don't seem to notice much anymore.  

Then, using a free app, I compress the video to a reasonable size and upload it to Canvas, our district's learning management system.  I can embed it in a file, and students who were absent or need a review of what we discussed in class can watch it:




I'm always looking for ways to help students take charge of their own learning rather than depending on me, and I hope this will be a useful resource for students who were absent or are struggling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment