Saturday, August 26, 2017

Three Words: Eclipse, Perfekt, Parents


My first set of stars (color-coded by class this year) for students earning 90% or better on an assessment are up!  These are German 2 students who earned an A on their vocabulary quiz.  [In fairness to the blue class, there are only 20 students in that section instead of 30 in each of the other two, and several were absent and did not take the quiz, so it's not that surprising that it had the fewest students earning an A.]

This week's Three Words are Eclipse, Perfekt, Parents

Eclipse: Monday was the solar eclipse.  We weren't in the path of totality, but we still went outside during Block 4 and got to look at the eclipse with our special glasses.  It was very cool, though my students and I were surprised that it didn't get very dark at all, even when the sun was 96% covered.  

I didn't take any pictures, but my older son, who attends Bloomington High School South, was on the front page of the local paper - he's #32 in the purple soccer uniform.



Perfekt: German 2 learned the Perfekt/Conversational Past Tense this week!  On Monday we did regular/weak verbs; Wednesday was prefix and -ieren verbs; Friday was irregular/strong verbs.  It was a lot, and they did well!

Parents: Wednesday night was Back to School Night, when parents come to school and walk through their child's schedule and meet teachers.  It is really nice to meet some of my student's parents - and realize things like the mom of one of my students was my younger son's 2 year old preschool teacher.  It makes for a long day, though.  I was at school at 7 AM and didn't get home until 9PM, with my only time out of the building spent picking up a child from cross country practice at a different school and bringing him home.  I wish there were a way to get the benefits of Back to School Night without the exhaustion!

No comments:

Post a Comment