My students will take a multiple choice final during the exam periods and have a speaking exam on their last regular class day, so we've been reviewing and practicing for those this past week.
Reviewing for tests is always a challenge because it's not really something I can do for the students in the same way that I teach them new material; they get the most out of it when they take ownership of their own review, but by the end of the year, motivation can be low and students are tired out from ISTEP testing, End of Course Assessments, and AP testing. So, I try to encourage them to push on but keep my expectations realistic.
Most of our review days follow a pattern of 3 main activities:
- Multiple Choice Vocabulary Review using Quizlet
- Speaking Exam Practice with their Table Groups
- A Study Guide
- We've also played quite a few rounds of Quizlet Live for more vocabulary practice.
The study guides are tailored to our pacing and textbook, but I'll include links to the files if you want to use them or modify them to meet your needs:
- Lektion 3A: family vocabulary, possessive adjectives, adjectives to describe people, kennen, sehen, and lieben
- Lektion 3B: more adjectives to describe people, modal verbs, accusative prepositions, imperative
- Lektion 4A: mögen and möchten, prefix verbs, adverbs
- Lektion 4B: dative case, dative prepositions