Monday, August 3, 2020

Choice Board for Enrichment



Choice boards have become popular in teaching as a way to give students choices in how they learn a new concept.  

I designed my choice board for students who finish their work quickly and are ready to go deeper (or need something concrete to do so they don't immediately reach for their cell phones).  

This board is designed for German 1 students at the beginning of the year.  I hope to switch out some of the elements as we progress, both to keep things interesting and to provide more challenging choices.

I'm very proud that I've learned how to publish my choice board on Google Slides so that I can embed it into Canvas - and this blog!  You should be able to click on any element in the board and see where it takes you.

I've put a button for the choice board at the top of my Course Resources page



and included a link in the daily agenda.


This will be the first time I've tried a Choice Board.  Since we're starting the year online, it may be hard to know how much it's used, but I hope to keep it when we return to the classroom, too.


1 comment:

  1. Choice boards have shown up several times in my feed the past week, so I guess I need to start learning more about them! Thank you for sharing how you plan to integrate it with Canvas! I need to learn how to do that too :)

    ReplyDelete