Thursday, August 20, 2020

I need bells!


Me and Pavlov's dogs, I guess!

I've learned during the first few days of online learning just how dependent I am on bells.

This is our schedule:


It pretty much mirrors our in person schedule, though live classes are now only an hour (instead of 80 minutes), and there's a live instructional support / independent work time block to start the day which we don't have in person.  

But because I'm not in the school building, there are of course no bells.  And apparently I really need bells to help me not lose track of what class period it is.  

So, this morning I got smart and set timers on my computer to ring to remind me when a period is almost over.  (I tried my cell phone alarm first, but it kept startling me.)




It's a really good reminder to get up from the computer, stretch, and maybe get a little fresh air.  If you're teaching remotely, I highly recommend it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment