Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Morning Commute

 Breakfast at my Kitchen Table


School office at my Kitchen Table


Bloomington is not a huge place.  My drive to school BCE (Before COVID Era) took only about 15-20 minutes.  

Now CE (COVID Era) my commute is 30 seconds.  I love it!

Since my district switched to all remote learning to begin the year, teachers were told that they could work from school or home.  I really appreciate the flexibility that they have given us.  It's nice to be able to go in to the building to get materials I need, which we couldn't do in the spring due to the Stay at Home Order.  For the most part, though, it's been more convenient to work from home, and I'm enjoying the short commute.

One risk of working from home is that you never physically leave work to go home, so you never stop working.  I've been intentional the first few teacher prep days in switching out my tulip quilt for my German flag quilt in the morning at 7:30 when I "go to work."  Then, when I'm done for the day, I turn off my laptop (instead of just putting it in sleep) and switch the quilts back.  It feels a little silly, and I don't know that I'll always do this, but so far it's helping me remember that it's healthy to be done for the day and to focus on non-school things.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt hangings are lovely and what a cool way to differentiate your spaces! Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete