Friday, August 14, 2020

Help! My German textbook is in German!

 


Happy Friday, everyone!

Today was the second day of class for my first two groups of students.  (We're on block schedule.)  On today's agenda was setting up students' notebooks and signing up to access the online textbook.

I was expecting to get lots of messages saying that students were having trouble connecting or the access code didn't work.  Nope.  Not one of those.  

I did have 2 students try to join the wrong section, but 2 out of 63 is not bad.  (Not everyone has signed up yet, so there's still time...)

What I did start getting was some variation on the theme of "Help!  My German textbook is in German!"  

Well, yes it is.  This is pretty standard for textbooks from German publishers, as their books are designed to be used in many different countries, not all of which are English-speaking.  I'm not opposed to a textbook by an American or British publisher, but there just aren't many to choose from out there.  

I've blogged previously about our struggles to find a good textbook.  We adopted this book in the spring, and it's the third textbook I've used at Bloomington North.  I think it's the best one we've had yet, but of course it isn't perfect.

So, I prepared this to help my students


Welcome to German class!

1 comment:

  1. Slot Machine Games - MapyRO
    Top Slot Machine Games 수원 출장마사지 in 창원 출장샵 Slot Machine. You can play the 태백 출장샵 slots game in the 여수 출장마사지 lobby of 당진 출장마사지 your PC, console, mobile phone, tablet or Mac.

    ReplyDelete