Friday, December 12, 2014

Getting Ready for Finals

My school is on a semester schedule, and final exams are coming up next week.  My goal for this week is to get my students to review as much as possible and to help them see what topics they remember well and what they need to review some more. 

One of the activities we did was to create a foldable to practice answering possible exam speaking questions from Einheit (Unit) 3 Sport and Einheit 4 Essen (Food).  I used a basic six tab flap book, and we wrote the questions on the front side of the flap:
                      
     

I wasn't especially colorful today with my example, but some of my students were
 


Then, on the back side of the flap, we wrote what the question means in English

and under the flap we wrote answers to the questions.

     After everyone had written answers, students worked with their table groups of 4 people to ask and answer the questions.  I set a timer for 10 minutes and instructed students to talk the whole time, even if they repeated questions.  I gave participation points for this, which I haven't done before, but I think it emphasized to them that I really wanted them to speak the whole time, and most groups did, so I'd call it a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment