Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Small Change...


...makes a big difference!

When I moved into my classroom at the beginning of the school year, one of the things I really didn't like was the location of my computer.  Because of where the outlets are located, it faces away from my students.  So, when working at the computer, I have a great view of my quilt

but my back is to my students.  And no teacher in her right mind wants to have her back to her students for long!

I tried moving things around at the beginning of the year, but the cords weren't long enough.

Then, on Friday morning I had an epiphany!  What if I just moved the keyboard and monitor and left the big CPU (is it even still called that?) box where it was.  Were the cords long enough?  (I'm sure many people would have though of this before the last 6 weeks of school, but better late than never, right?)

So, on Friday afternoon during my prep, rather than grading, I moved furniture.  Here's the end result:

It's fantastic!  I can look at my class while taking attendance, rather then having to glance over my shoulder, enter attendance, glance, enter, repeat.  And when students are taking a quiz or test, I can do things at the computer while still keeping an eye on them.  I guess it's the little things that make a real difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment