Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Favorite Free Website

Even though I am currently (very happily) teaching only German, I also love (and miss a bit) teaching math.  So, I still consider myself a bit of a math teacher and thus hopefully also a member of the #MTBoS (Math Twitter Blogosphere).  




The #MTBoS is having a 2016 blogging initiative with blog prompts and ideas.  This week's prompt is 


and I'm going to be blogging about one of my two favorite free websites: LearningApps  (The other is Quizlet, which I also adore.)  

I've blogged about it before, but it bears repeating because it is SO GREAT and FREE! 


  • You can create a variety of educational practice activities and games using pre-made templates.
  • You can use audio and video in these activities.  
  • You can also search for and use activities others have already created.  
  • You can give students a link or QR code to get to the activity, or you can embed it in a web site or learning management system.  
Since my school is 1-1 this year, I have been using this website more and more to create interactive practice activities for my students.  Here are some activities I've made recently:




And here's one I'll be using on Monday with German 1 to practice listening comprehension:



It's a great resource, and I highly recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment