Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Accusative Prepositions

German 1 is learning Accusative Prepositions this unit.  We started with some guided notes reviewing the accusative case in general:  (Yay for Color with Purpose here!)

And then moved on to the 7 accusative prepositions and their meanings:

To help students remember these prepositions, I offered two options:  a song, to the tune of Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, which I learned this year from my student teacher, Matthew Hurley.  Matthew is much more musically talented than I am and kindly offered to sing the song for students in all three of my German 1 classes.

The other option is a mnemonic device: FUDOG, which according to Herr Antrim, is a Chinese mythical being which is half dog and half lion:



Click here to get a copy of the Guided Notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment