Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Week from Today...

school starts again for me!  Whoa!  Summer has gone by really fast, but it's been a good one. I've gotten quite a bit of work done for school, and hopefully it will make the start of the year a little less hectic.

And I'm looking forward to this new school year.  There are several changes:

New books!  After a long selection process, we have a new textbook with materials that I think will work well for our students and give me more resources for effective teaching.  

New devices!  My school is going 1-1 and all students will get an HP tablet computer at the beginning of the year.  I'm sure it will take time to get everyone up and running on it, and there are pros and cons, but I am looking forward to my students having access to Quizlet and Duolingo every day, not just when it's our turn for the iPad cart.


New room!  I'll be in my third classroom in three years, but it's a nice big room and has a window.  Plus, moving has forced me to clean out and reorganize things, which is always a good thing.

New classes!  Our German program is growing!  There will be an additional section of German 1, German 2, and German 3 this year.  And we will be offering German 4 (together with German 3) for the first time since I have been at BHSN.  

I feel mostly ready, which is a good thing since Aug. 3 (first student day) is almost here!







No comments:

Post a Comment