Monday, July 13, 2015

Frau Swank sightings

The other day my husband and I were walking to dinner at a downtown restaurant when someone in a passing car stuck her head out the window and yelled, "Hallo Frau Swank!"


After dinner we were walking home along a bike and walking path.  Two runners were coming toward us, and as they got closer, one of them called out, "Hey, it's Frau Swank!"

This happens to me quite a bit.  I'm a little surprised - I've only been teaching German here part time for two years so far.  This never really happened to be in my previous teaching job in Indianapolis.  Indianapolis is much larger than Bloomington, and the school where I taught was in a different part of town from where we lived.  But in Bloomington, there are only 2 high schools, and everyone knows everyone, so I see my students a lot.  Overall, it's a nice thing, though it does mean I can't expect to go to Target or the grocery store in my pajamas without being seen a student.  

No comments:

Post a Comment